– Me, Kitchen, Mike May and Mark arrive in AZ @ 2:00pm on 2/19/09
– Scottsdale Park:
– Bombed a parking garage (no-image)
– Picked up Nick Sherman @ 7:00pm from the Airport
– Tempe Park:
– Went out on the town at night. We were told Mill Street was the place to go…alas, nothing but Spring Break degenerates. Apparently we stuck out like sore-thumbs because everywhere we went we were asked if we were a band. So we walk into an “Irish Pub” because it’s the only place without a cover and techno. Two douchebags on stage are covering Dave Mathews and they stop the show to ask us if we are a band. Without any hesitation Sherman tells them that we are Slayer…as we proceed to walk out. Priceless.
– Apache Junction Skatepark:
– Ditch 1: We found this ditch on the side of the highway. Rough as gravel, but so fun.
– Picked up Mike McDonnald @ 12:00pm from Phoenix Airport
– Peoria Skatepark:
– We deicide to go out on the town with some locals: Rollerderby, Bars and…more Bars!
– Bar 1: House Bar? Yes that’s right. Phoenix has some of the highest foreclosure rates in the U.S., so why not turn your house into a bar when times get rough? This was a really cool place, wish I rememberd the name. Oh yeah, Nick left our rental van running the entire time we were there. Way to go Nick!
– Bar 2 – Bikini Lounge: This bar is incredible! It’s the local skater bar. If you are in the area you should definitely check this bar out. When we arrived the DJ found out we were from Boston and played music for us the entire night.
– This is where it all hits the fan…
– We are completely useless, well all of us besides Sherm.
– Chandler Skatepark:
– Gilbert Skatepark:
…we take it easy this night…
– Ditch 2: Another ditch on the side of the highway. Check out the ditch footage here: Videos
– Cactus Ditch:
– Tempe Skatepark:
– Hotel: manditory night stew
– Bar with Slave team: $2 you all it = Chaos (once again)
– Sedona Skatepark:
– On the way back to Phoenix from Sedona:
– Overall amazing trip! Check out a little montage Nick put together: VID!
-Also check out Nick’s Flicker account for more AZ pics!